Vortex® – Semi-closed system
- Reduces lice infestation and lice treatment
- Reduces algae infestation and jellyfish
- Optimizes the water exchange and ensures stable oxygen values
- Evens out seasonal temperature variations by taking in deep water
- Optimizes current conditions and swimming speed
- A more even distribution of the fish in the pen
The thrusters create a vortex that lifts the water from 25-30 meters depth. The water flows through the center of the pen all the way to the surface. The constant circular flow forces used water to sink down the side walls. At a depth of 12 meters the water hits a “terrace” and it is pushed out through the side wall.